Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Why Praying First is Always a Good Idea

Roughly 30 years ago, I had enjoyed a small (and I mean small) amount of freelance writing success for about 10 years ...




Then, while in Washington State I was afforded the chance to manage a Denny's restaurant.


Thrilled with the promotion, I decided to devote myself to staff and position ...




SO ....... I took my 44 boxes of writing ideas to the dump ... including cartooning ideas, children's stories, business articles and greeting card ideas AND a cartoon cookbook I had been working on for 4 years called - "A Cookbook for Dummies" ... dad and I agreed it was a dumb name for a book ... NEVER catch on ... Yikes!




Pray before making life changing decisions .... please pray first




That decision ranks right up there with my decision years later to throw away 400 batches of greeting card ideas (7 ideas to a batch) before my trip back across the states to the west ...


Now 20 years later I may not be wiser, but I sure pray first!

No comments: